Friday, February 4, 2011

I don't like...

This is my rant about all things I don't like before, during or after that I buy when I go thrifting. The long black evening gown because the label was Tahari. I don't even know what Tahari is other than I heard some girl gush about it on her fashion blog. I don't like black. It's depressing to wear from head to toe. I don't like how I went in for a cream sweater and bought a black gown.
I don't like how I buy skirts even though I don't like the feeling of anything tight around my waist or hips. I don't like having to find a top to match that skirt when a dress would have done the trick. 
I don't like having to match all these colors in my wardrobe when my favorite color is cream. I don't like how every top that fits always comes with the "if only it was in cream" thought in my head before I end up buying it anyways. I don't like reading about the new coral color trend for this spring and knowing I look ridiculous in orange with my yellow skin tone. What if I get bored with only cream? Do I buy a coral ring for funzies?
Why is it that we have so much stuff in our closets and nothing to wear. Why do we have to put "outfits" together every morning? I know it's fun once in awhile but I kind of want to do other things with my life than google fashion ideas that go with polka dots. How do you balance having fun and celebrating your inner "girl" without obsessing about it all day.
For this 30 for 30 challenge. I had lots of dark pieces picked out so they would go together but I am changing it up. Here's the crazy idea. I am going to wear only what I LIKE. cream tops and jeans for daywear. Maxi dresses for home. sleeved dresses for church (I don't like the whole business of shrugs and cardigans for dresses, if you're cold, keep your coat on). Fun rings.  Simple. This is what I have been doing but feeling guilty every time I reach for the same thing and neglect the other pieces in my closet.
Wear what you like. Buy what you wear. Easy right?

Oh my goodness. After 28 years, I think I finally have arrived. Who knew that you only had to stay true to yourself. Sometimes sitting and thinking about the things you wore to death and felt "you" in is better than googling "boyfriend blazer outfit". Be careful reading other fashion blogs. It just may confuse instead of inspire you. Mine included.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have so many pieces that never get worn. I wish I could go on a shopping spree and redo everything. I'd probably dress totally different if I had the chance!

    I know it's been a while, but thatnk you for commenting not too long ago and leaving such kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! The 30x30 is all about loving the clothes you have right? If you love cream...WEAR IT! I follow fashion blogs but tend to wear jeans and sneakers. But hey...that's what I love!

    ReplyDelete